HOW TO MEASURE YOURSELF
Keep your body relaxed, don’t flex or hold anything in when measuring yourself.
This measurement will be your jacket size.
Note that your natural waist line might not match the waist size of the pants you are wearing.
Wrap the tape measure around your waist—not your belly.
To find your waist, you can hold 4 fingers below belly button and below that will be your waist.
Don’t let the taper measure be too loose, and don’t squeeze it too tight.
This will be your waist size.
Use the range of heights below to determine if you are a Short, Regular, or Long.
Keep in mind that some people prefer the look of a longer jacket and some a shorter jacket, so these are not set in stone.
SHORT (S) 5’4″ TO 5’7″
REGULAR (R) 5’7 1/2″ TO 6’1″
LONG (L) 6’1 1/2″ TO 6’5″
PLEASE READ BELOW TO HELP ENSURE THE PERFECT FIT
- To ensure you have the perfect fit and look as great as you can, before you go out in your new suit, we’d recommend you find a good local tailor who can handle the standard alterations if needed.
- If you’d like the suit to have more tapered and form-fitting look, your local tailor can always taper in the jacket and pants to your desired fit, as everyone’s body type varies.
- Before an actual alteration is made, your tailor can let you know if the adjustment would fix the fit issues. Please note that once an item is altered, the suit will not be eligible for return.
- Suits and all clothing are prone to wrinkles and creases as a result of being shipped. It is recommended that customers have the suit steamed or dry-cleaned before wearing it.
SLIM FIT OR CLASSIC FIT SUIT?
- Our suits do run slim fit with the exception of the 3 for $129 suits which are constructed in classic cut. A slim fit suit generally comes slightly shorter both on the sleeve and coat and tapered through the waist or hip area. The slacks are also slim through the thigh area and fall narrow.
- The suits can be worn as slim or regular fit depending on how you make your final alterations, as most people who buy a suit from any brand would need alterations done.
- To ensure you have the perfect fit, we’d recommend you find a good local tailor who can handle the standard alterations if needed, and your tailor can customize the suit to either a more relaxed modern fit or a tighter, more slim-fitted fit, ensuring you the exact fit of your choice.
Sleeves are too long? Your tailor can take up the sleeves to any length that you’d prefer.
Sleeves are too short? There’s an extra 1 1/2” of fabric in the sleeves that can be let out.
If you need more than 1 1/2”, an experienced tailor can use the extra fabric from the bottom of the pants to lengthen the sleeves an additional 3” to 6”, depending on how much extra fabric is left after the bottoms are hemmed.
Too much room in the stomach area of the jacket? The sides of the jacket can be tapered in.
The waist is too big? Up to 3” in the waist can be taken in.
The waist is too small? There is an extra 2” of fabric in the waist that can be let out.
The pants are too long? All of our pants come unfinished/unhemmed at 36” long. Your local tailor can hem the pants to your desired length.
The crotch/seat area is too tight? There’s an extra 1/2” of fabric in the inseam that can be let out.
ANOTHER COMMON QUESTION WE GET
THE JACKET SIZE I NEED DOES NOT COME WITH MY PANTS SIZE, WHAT DO I DO?Our suits are sold in sets with the standard 6″ size drop between the jacket and pants.
We are unable to mix and match sizes for any order and do not offer alterations.
AS A RULE OF THUMB: Base your suit size on the jacket size that fits you well and have the pants tailored if needed, as you will need to get the pants hemmed by your local tailor.Our pants have extra 2” of fabric in the waist and 1/2” in the inseam that could be let out; or can be taken in up to 3” in the waist.
And the legs can be tapered in as much as you like if needed.
HOW CAN I TAKE PART IN THE OPPORTUNITY TO BUY
3 MEN'S SUITS AT $129.00 OPTION?
When you Buy 3 Men’s CLASSIC FIT Suits of the standard Alain Andre Collection at the $69.00 price, All total discounts, shipping, fees will be applied at the time of checkout.